We hope the following resources will be useful to you as you cope with the loss of your pet. Check back periodically, as we will continue to update this page with additional resources we believe may prove helpful.
If the intensity or duration of your grief interfere with your daily life, individual counseling may be helpful. Licensed counselors who understand the unique animal-human bond and who specialize in grief and loss are available at Associates in Health Psychology. To learn more about these services, visit the Associates in Health Psychology website.
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- IAMS Pet Loss Support 888-332-7738 Available Monday-Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm EST
- Pet Loss Support Hotline
- Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet by Moira Allen
- The Loss Of A Pet by Wallace Sife, Ph.D.
- When Your Pet Dies by Alan Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- A Final Act of Caring: Ending the Life of an Animal Friend by Mary & Herb Montgomery
- A Special Place for Charlee: A Child’s Companion Through Pet Loss by Debby Morehead